Nonfiction submissions open May 7, 2018 and close June 11, 2018
We are evaluating book proposals for nonfiction titles from May 7 to June 11. We will accept any proposal in the realm of ‘nonfiction.’ We are considering full-length manuscripts (40K words+) as well as shorter works (20k-40k). Submitters should be prepared to turn-in their completed manuscript should their proposal be selected.
Please prepare and note the following guidelines for your submission:
- A brief paragraph-length cover letter sharing a bit of your background, why you’d like to publish a book, what your goals are as a writer, and how we may get in touch with you. Please include any public-facing social media links. You are not required to show us your private social media accounts.
- Please include your biography.
- 1 PDF that includes a synopsis of your manuscript and a manuscript sample between 1,000 to 2,000 words.
- You may submit these materials via the Submittable link that will activate on May 7.
- The entry fee for submitting is one purchased book from our store. Any title counts. This allows us to support the time of the editing staff so they may properly assess the submissions pool, and it better familiarizes you with the work that the press has produced thus far. The Submittable page will have a field available for the order number on your checkout receipt.
Submissions will be evaluated during the month of May, followed by the announcement of finalists.
Not a Cult will publish and circulate one to three finalist submissions, either for Spring or Fall distribution, depending on the timeline of the author. Finalists will each engage in conversation with the Not a Cult publishing team to discuss the best way to create their book. Any additional needs or desired parameters for the book will be discussed during this time.